Types of Inspections
Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
Non-destructive testing (NDT) that magnetizes the ferromagnetic material and uses black light or dry powder to highlight surface and subsurface discontinuities.
Liquid Penetrant Inspection (LPI)
Non-destructive testing using a dye penetrant solution followed by application of a developer to enhance surface defects in non-ferrous materials.
Electromagnetic Inspection (EMI)
Non-destructive testing that uses a mobile electromagnetic device that can scan the entire length of drill pipe or hevi-wate for fatigue cracks, corrosion, cuts, pitting and more.
Services Provided by Acctive Oilfield Inspection Incorporated
Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) Inspection
- either magnetic particle inspection or liquid penetrant inspection depending on material
- provides a complete well site inspection of drill collars, hevi-wate drill pipe, drilling subs and overhead equipment including tongs, brake band and linkage, elevators, pipe arms. etc.
Drill Pipe Inspection
- uses both magnetic particle inspection and electromagnetic inspection
- provides a full length drill pipe inspection compliant with RP7G standards
- transverse flaw detection
- wall loss detection
Pipe Straightening Services
- cross roll pipe straightening
- for drill pipe up to 5" OD
- for tubing/casing up to and including 7" OD
- BSL and hand held refacing from 2⅜ IF to 7 H90 connections
- including DS40 connections
Mill Slotting Services
- cut windows ¾" to 1" in drill collars and subs for serial numbers
Casing and Tubing Services
- visual thread and drift to API standards
- magnetic particle inspection of end area